Reverse complement •
Translate into protein •
Primer designer •
About us •
Compute reverse complement of the nucleotide sequence
If you need to list multiple short segments of the single sequence (optionally in reverse complement, like when designing PCR primers), it may be easier with our
- Both DNA and RNA sequence is converted into reverse-complementing sequence of DNA.
- IUPAC ambiguity codes of the two possible nucleotides are converted as following: R↔Y, K↔M, S and W unchanged.
- Ambiguity codes of the three possible nucleotides are converted as following: B↔V, D↔H.
- Upper and lower case is preserved and can be used to mark regions of interest.
- All other symbols, including spaces and new line feeds, are left unchanged.
- FASTA header, if detected, is preserved.
- Multiple sequences with FASTA headers are complemented individually with headers preserved.
- Browser computes reverse complement without sending your sequence to the server.
We are sorry for the bug that recenty has been causing unexpected redirect when attempting to enter the sequence and thank for reporting this in time.